History

Wilders Bakery has been a landmark in Young since 1950, when Olga and Milty Wilder opened the bakery at 207 Boorowa Street.

Our business has been built on hard work, the love of baking and simply having a go – values we still hold dear!

Olga and Milty were enthusiastic newlyweds when they started Wilders Bakery, keen to kick start their life and business together. The bakery was their life: they lived on the premises and worked side by side for 30 years.

scan0007

Their aim was to deliver a quality product and a large variety. They succeeded, introducing a great range of cakes pastries, bread, pies and sweet buns. The business grew steadily. Any profits were invested into improvements and equipment. They also expanded to 12 staff members.

scan0003scan0006

In 1989 Alan and Wendy Wilder (son and daughter) took over the business. They turned Wilders from a bakery into a great place to meet and socialise by introducing coffee and providing seating. It started with just four tables and sixteen chairs – today, there is a second storey, balcony, conference room and seating for 150.

scan0005scan0004

We are now open 7 days with a large team of wonderful staff members. A third Wilder generation is currently working in the business and will continue the family tradition into the future.